What's Next: A new job!

by - Sunday, August 07, 2011

I had my second interview for a Mental Health Practitioner job at Community Technology and Services (CTS) in Austin on Friday. About an hour after my interview, I received a call and was offered the job! That was after they told me I could expect to hear from them by Tuesday or Wednesday, so I was totally blown away. I asked if I could have the weekend to think about it, but was then asked if I could come to work Monday. Wow!
This job is going to be challenging and full of new responsibilities, so I am a little nervous, but still excited! I have to say goodbye to sleeping until 8 am every day since  I have to be there at 7 tomorrow, and it's a 35 minute drive.  Yikes...I guess it's time to grow up :)
As for what I'll be doing at CTS... I am going to be working with people (kids, teens and adults) with mental illnesses, helping them come up with a plan to be more successful.  I am not quite sure what that all entails, but I do know it sounds like a big responsibility.  I'll have to see what day one brings.

I am so thankful and blessed to have found a job already.  I only went two weeks without one. God is good--all the time!

You May Also Like

0 comments