Mmmm Cake!

by - Monday, August 29, 2011

Ahmed said he didn't want a birthday cake, but last night I decided to make him one anyways.  It's a good thing I did, because he told me it was the BEST birthday cake he ever had!  After two three trips to the grocery store, here is the final product:
Like his new watch? :)  Happy Birthday!


After the multiple store trips I had a broken mixer and a bad batch of frosting... but I still finished it!  Don't judge my decorating skills.  By the time I frosted it I was tired and had lost all patience.  Happy 29th Birthday, Love!
Recipe for White Almond Cake:1 package white cake mix1 cup flour1 cup sugar3/4 teaspoon salt1 1/3 cups water8 oz sour cream2 tablespoons vegetable oil1 teaspoon almond extract1 teaspoon vanilla extract4 egg whites
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 11x13 cake pan (I used two 9 inch round pans and made a few cup cakes).Stir together the cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.Add remaining ingredients and mix for 2 minutes (still will have some lumps).Bake about 25 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean- took more like 30 min for me).  Allow to cool before frosting.
After my failed frosting, I ended up using store bought cream cheese frosting.  Ahmed liked it, but I thought it would be better with a lighter whipped frosting.  YUM!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. It was a most excellent cake indeed! I concur. This message was paid for by the 'Makkawy for Egyptian President' campaign. All the views expressed here are legitimate and newsworthy.

    ReplyDelete