Expectations

by - Thursday, February 28, 2013

Expectations are one of my biggest weaknesses.  What starts out as a nice thought turns into a dream. Sometimes dreams turn into expectations, but they often aren’t realistic.  I am quick to make high expectations for many situations, and when they aren’t met I am left disappointed and sometimes upset.  This is a lesson I’ve learned repeatedly (and continuously).  I know that I don’t have total control over my life.  I know that God does.  I also know that it’s better that way, but in some ways I just cant seem to let go of my illusory control.  The ongoing part of this lesson is in my relationship with Ahmed.  We have been dating for over six years, and there is a long story that I would like to write down some day, but I’m not ready to be that vulnerable :).
When I moved to Rochester four years ago, I had expected I wouldn't be here that long.  Rochester has grown on me a little, and I feel like this is where I’m supposed to be right now, but I still have dreams of moving on (maybe somewhere warmer :).  This is my least favorite time of year.  I am craving sunshine and warmer temperatures.  Since a vacation isn’t in the plans this winter, I am glad we had some time with my family to cheer me up.  
My dad turned 50 on January 30, so we spent a night in Sioux Falls to celebrate.  It was short and sweet,and thankfully we had better driving weather than the previous weekend.

IMG_6159IMG_6131Who wins for best slide picture?  
IMG_6097Kisses for Papa
IMG_6199Is this kid seriously old enough to be losing teeth?
IMG_6252
I hope spring is coming soon!  Until then, I will just picture Emma telling James they aren't going to church "cuz Ahmed is getting bitchtized."  True story. Still makes me laugh out loud :)  

You May Also Like

0 comments