Post-Christmas Post...and a new job!

by - Wednesday, January 04, 2012

I had the privilege of having a 10 day break over Christmas and New Years.  I spent a week in Iowa with my family playing games, eating lots of food, and doing some shopping.  We attended a Christmas Eve service followed by a giant sleepover with all of my family members at my parents' house (a Christmas tradition for us). 
My awesome family


On the way home from church I listened to the sweetest rendition of the Christmas story told by my four year old nephew in the backseat. I was impressed by how many details he knew.  He also claimed to see the Christmas star in the sky to remind us that we were celebrating Jesus' birthday :)  The next morning however, he reminded us all that although quite mature, he is four, when he prayed before our Christmas brunch, "Dear Lord, thank you that it's Christmas and we can open presents.  Lots and lots of presents.  Amen"  Oh James...
Christmas outfits courtesy of auntie Lenae :)  

Cuties on Christmas morning


After my time in Iowa I spent some time in Rochester with my friends, before starting a new job on Tuesday.  Yep...  I had no plans to start three different jobs in six months, but I know that God's plans are better than mine.  Even though it was really hard to leave RCA after two short months, I'm trusting that this is where God is leading me, back to nannying!  Bring it on, 2012.

You May Also Like

0 comments