One of those days...

by - Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sometimes you just have "one of those days,"  or in my case one of those weeks.  I'll admit it- last week I just wanted to sit and feel sorry for myself.  I had my reasons, but those things are always there and really aren't good reasons. I usually just need to remind myself of all the reasons I have to be thankful, and I quickly realize how pathetic it is to feel sorry for myself.  But last week, I didn't want to do it anymore.  I gave in.I really wanted to go to Iowa over the weekend, but to reiterate my mood, some winter weather made it seem like that wasn't going to happen.  Ahmed and I decided to risk it and go anyways, and I am so glad we did.  We had pretty good roads both there and back.  Plus, being around my family was just what I needed.  Especially this:

These kids know how to dance!  Makes me smile every time... In case you were wondering they are dancing to the LMFAO parody "I'm Elmo and I know it."  Haha:)
I'm not perfect, and I can't be happy all the time.  But that's okay. Deep down, I still am thankful for everything even when I feel crabby. I'm especially thankful I can go home to such a loving family.  

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love you, Lenae. I like the "sunshine" you bring when you are here too. LOVE having the family together!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the dancing was definitely good for a laugh :)

    ReplyDelete