The best day of my life

by - Friday, September 27, 2013

I had the joy of marrying my best friend on September 13, 2013. There were many times when it seemed that day would never come, but it was worth the wait. That day turned out to be the most beautiful wedding day I could ever have imagined!  I loved everything about it: marrying the most wonderful husband while being surrounded by the most amazing friends and family, the most BEAUTIFUL weather for an outdoor ceremony (sunny, 75, slightest breeze), my dress…I loved it all!  I am still trying to wrap my head around all of the wonderful memories that I gained in one day.

The week before the wedding was a little busy, but I still had a lot of fun spending time with my family.  On Tuesday before the wedding, all the girls from my family went for manicures and pedicures.  It was so much fun!  Even my niece Emma came along and got her toes painted :)


00IMG_9725
Can you tell who all of these hands belong to? :)


On Wednesday, my cousin and aunt came from Oklahoma to join in the fun.  They were also wonderful help as we set up the event center on Thursday.

00IMG_9740

After setting up, we had the rehearsal followed by dinner Thursday night. 


00IMG_9751
The flower girls were instant friends at the rehearsal :)


The day I had been waiting so long for was finally here!  Friday morning started off with hair appointments for myself and the girls in my wedding party at Fine Design, complete with mimosas and Casey’s Bakery for breakfast (my special request: almond patties:).  Big thanks to Kari & Marla- they did such a great job!

00IMG_9816

After we were all looking extra beautiful, it was go time!  We headed to Orange City, and not long after I had to get in my dress so I was ready for first look pictures with Ahmed.

00IMG_9891

Obviously, this day wouldn’t have happened without the groom :).  Thanks to my aunt Gina for capturing some pictures of him (as well as the pictures of me getting ready)!

00IMG_9885  00IMG_9888

I went out to the puddle jumper trail to take some pictures first, and then Ahmed came and we saw each other for the first time on our wedding day.

067  097

Our friend Mandi did the most wonderful job capturing some candid pictures!! :)

163170 295 

Our first look session was followed by some wedding party fun in downtown Orange City!

433
446 475
522
568
660
672

After wedding party and family pictures, and a little break, it was time for the real deal.  :)

853
874 893
892
931 976

We did it! I seriously can’t get over how wonderful everything was.  After our beautiful ceremony, we had some delicious food and fun entertainment at the reception, and then it was time to dance!!

1160

Saying thank you to everyone who helped out with our wedding day doesn’t begin to cover my gratitude.  We had so much support and love from so many family and friends. It was ALL appreciated! Thank you to everyone who shared are big day with us- whether in person or in spirit!

I have a LOT more pictures and will be sure to post more on Facebook soon :)

You May Also Like

0 comments