Back it up (Part 2)

by - Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My good intentions of getting caught up on my blog pre-4th of July were apparently not good enough, since the 4th was almost two weeks ago.  Oh well….  Things have not slowed down since Heidi and Preston’s wedding the way I imagined they would.

The weekend after the wedding I finally had a Saturday without any big plans.  Ahmed and I made a spontaneous kayaking trip to Lanesboro.  For my first kayaking experience, it was a lot of fun, but 3 hours of it really wore me out! 
IMG_0226
The only pic from our kayaking trip.  We left the camera int he car to prevent any water accidents :)
The day after kayaking, I had to “move” up to Minnetonka, MN, sore arms and all. The family I nanny for decided to enroll their girls in some summer programs in the Twin Cities area, so I am staying with them during the week.  I am really missing Ahmed, but having a pool in the backyard has been pretty great with all of the hot weather that’s been around :)
My remaining weekends in June were filled with three more weddings, which makes four total for the month of June.  Whew!  The weddings were with three totally different groups of people, so it was great to catch up with high school, college, and Rochester friends.  One of the weekends I made a solo trip back to Iowa and was able to spend some quality time with my mom and sister (with no wedding stress!).  We also made a quick trip up to Blue Mounds for some rock climbing.
IMG_3259
I really thought I was going to get a break from the craziness over the 4th of July, because I had a full week off of work.  The first half of my vacation was pretty great.  Ahmed and I attended my college roommate’s beautiful wedding, and I had some more great time with my family.  Then, I got sick (probably my body telling me to slow down) and also found out I had to move out of my apartment that weekend.  This came as a surprise, since I wasn’t expecting to move until the end of August.  Thankfully, I have the most loving mom and sister who came to Rochester and worked VERY hard to get my packed up and moved out of my apartment.  I really didn’t have anywhere to move to, so my stuff is currently in a storage unit in Rochester.
College roommates

IMG_0385IMG_3513
IMAG0435
My stuff...
Last weekend, I finally had a much needed break and a quiet couple of days.  However, I’m pretty sure things won’t stay that way for long.  I am technically homeless, and after the summer I will be jobless, so the job search is in full gear.  I can’t really look for a place to live until I have somewhere to work…so I’m taking it one day at a time.  After everything I went through with jobs last year, I did NOT think I would be in this position again so soon.  It has been very difficult to find a balance between planning for my future and remembering that God is in a control and has a plan already in place.
I can’t believe that it’s already mid-July, but I don’t have to wonder where my summer has gone.  It has been jam-packed full of weddings, friends, and family :)

You May Also Like

0 comments