Back it up (Part 1)

by - Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The past 2 1/2 months are kind of a blur.  It has definitely been the busiest I’ve been in a long time!  I am currently living in Minnetonka, MN for work, but before I get to that I need to document the start of my summer.  Obviously, I was busy with my sister’s wedding, but before that Ahmed and I made the 3 1/2  hour trek to Northwest Iowa 3 weekends in a row. 

The second weekend in May my sister graduated from college, so the wedding prep was briefly set aside for her huge accomplishment.  I’m so proud of you Heidi! 
IMG_0123
My mom and sister- aren't they beautiful? :)










Aside from my nephew’s birthday, the third weekend in May was extra special.  I completed a 5k amid a sea of pink, running in memory of a dear friend, Tina Heilman.  It was an honor to be a part of a group that started with some friends from high school and turned into 112 registered runners/walkers for the “Tutus for Tina” team.  It was especially wonderful to catch up with my friends over the weekend!
5k group
The whole group


HS friends
High school friends

Thanks to Laura for documenting the morning with such beautiful pictures!
The last of the three consecutive trips was the weekend before Heidi’s wedding (the last weekend in May).  Ahmed and I were both able to stay at my parents’ house for a total of 10 days, and what a full house it was.  With 8-10 people staying there every night (with one shower!) and even more several of the evenings, we were pretty cozy.   It is always a blessing to be able to spend time with my family.  The week was busy (as I mentioned in my last post), but so many wonderful memories were made!
IMG_0943
Heidi's bachelorette party



IMG_1034
Hanging out at my parents' house





IMG_1245
Manis and pedis for the wedding


IMG_1277
Setting up for the wedding reception


IMG_2246
My awesome family- I love you all!

There are TONS of pictures on my Facebook page, check them out!  This summer is going so fast- I can’t believe the fourth of July is only a week away!  Hopefully I can catch up my blogging about June before then :) 



You May Also Like

0 comments