Couch to...4k

by - Monday, October 03, 2011

I started using a couch to 5k running app on my phone in August.  I ran very diligently at first, but I started to lose motivation over the past few weeks. There was a 4k road race in my home town weekend, so Ahmed and I decided we were going to give it a try.  I have to admit it took a lot of convincing from Ahmed, but I participated in the race, and I'm so glad that I did!  I made it the entire 2.5ish miles without walking.  That doesn't sound like much, but it's a big deal to me. I don't even care that I ran pathetically slow.  I made it.
Ahmed and I before the race.  It was a little chilly- but 

what a beautiful morning!

Still smiling post-race

 


























I also spent some time taking pics of these two cuties- they both have birthdays this month!  A little sneak peak:
This sweet girl is going to be two.  LOVE her!

He may only be turning four, but this little guy has 
big personality!  So cute!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. That is awesome!!! It feels great once it's over...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete