Weekend o’ fun recap

by - Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Technically it was WOF #4, but this was the first year I attended.  Ahmed and I spent a weekend camping in Yankton, SD with a group of wonderful friends.
We kicked off the weekend by arriving at the campground  Friday night at dusk.  Hurrying to set up our tent before dark, we realized we were missing a very important piece of tent hardware.  After a few minutes of brainstorming me freaking out, Ahmed decided we could fashion something with duct tape to hold our tent up.  By this time it was dark, but thanks to a group effort, we made it work.  This was one of those not-funny-at-the-time-but-hilarious-later situations.  We know how to make memories :)
IMG_3826
It was a little sad looking, but it worked!

The duct tape was a success, considering our tent was still standing in the morning.  We only got a little wet during an early morning thunderstorm, but luckily most of our belongings remained dry in the car.
IMG_3820
Enjoying breakfast

Saturday made for a cold and damp morning, but breakfast was delicious!  (As was all of the food the entire weekend- thanks for planning the menu Del!)  After contemplating what to do with a chilly day, we decided to ignore the weather and go out on the boat/hang out on the beach. The water and beach were pretty deserted, with good reason- it was freezing!  The sun did make a few appearances, and of course we still managed to have plenty of fun!
DSC_1150
Delicia and Kendall on the boat

DSC_1174
Becky and Kendall braving the tubes

While dinner was cooking, Alli organized a little WOF Beersbee tournament.  The tournament got a little tricky after dark, but everyone really enjoyed playing the game!
IMG_3849
Derek and Dori vs. Alli and Ryan

IMG_3884
In my opinion, Sarah wins the award for best Beersbee facial expressions!

IMG_4063
Becky is ready, but what are you doing Dan?

Other highlights of the weekend included  fun and fellowship around the fire and tons of good food.  Oh yeah, and that time I almost fell in the fire.  No joke…it was dark and smoky and I tripped.  It could have been so much worse, but I came out pretty much unscathed.  If it hadn’t happened right next to the fire, I’m sure it would have been REALLY embarrassing, but my caring friends were mostly just concerned for my safety (and my camera- thanks Sarah :).

IMG_4071
Making broomstick pies- YUM!

IMG_4029
Ahmed and me
IMG_3955
The girls

IMG_4024
The whole group

I am so glad Ahmed and I were able to attend Weekend o' Fun round 4- the weekend definitely lived up to its name!  We had so much fun, and it all went by way too fast.  I am so thankful to call all of these awesome people friends!
After leaving Yankton, we made a pit stop in NW Iowa and spent Sunday afternoon with my family.  The weekend was definitely a success!  
One last thing: a little James and Elvin entertainment.  Happy Wednesday!











You May Also Like

0 comments