The Proposal

by - Sunday, May 26, 2013

I will never ever forget the day the love of my life asked me to marry him.  On what really was a perfect day (sunny and 75 degrees :), Ahmed asked me go out for dinner at the Redwood Room.
After dinner, Ahmed suggested that we go to Flapdoodles (our favorite ice cream place in Rochester). Normally I would jump at the chance of Ahmed offering to take me out for dessert, because I have a huge sweet tooth and he usually does not. But I was feeling very full from dinner and suggested we skip dessert. To my surprise, Ahmed insisted he was craving something sweet and persuaded me by saying we could just have kid sized cones :). Since it was so nice out, we decided to sit outside even though it was getting dark. I tried rushing Ahmed to take me home, because the ice cream was making me cold, but he said he wasn't ready. 
After we both finished our ice cream (and I gave half of mine to Ahmed because I really was full), Ahmed got down on one knee and took my hand. He said some very beautiful things about our relationship and everything we have been through, how much he loves me, and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He then asked me to marry him, and I said yes!

I really wish I could remember every word he said, but it all seemed to happen so fast that I mostly just remember him squeezing my hand as he was talking, and that I was feeling nothing but peer joy. :)  I love you, Ahmed, and can't wait to be your wife!

You May Also Like

0 comments