The waiting place

by - Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This past month has been a little crazy.  Between moving to a new apartment and adjusting to working 50 hours a week, I have been finding my evenings seem very short.  
I was fortunate enough to have the entire week of Thanksgiving off, so Ahmed and I decided to spend the week in Iowa.  (He had to work part of the week, but was able to work remote :).  The week consisted of a lot of family time and delicious food, and unfortunately, a few sick germs were passed around.
Overall, it was a wonderful week.  Meaningful conversations with family members and ample time with my nephews and niece bring me so much joy.  In fact, I was so busy enjoying and savoring my time with everyone that the only pictures I have from the week are a few on my phone.  As much as I love to have pictures later, sometimes it's just nice to relax and take it all in!
I was reflecting on the many many things that I am thankful for (what else would you be asked to do at a Thanksgiving service?), the thing that I really pondered was God's faithfulness and promises.  Even when things don't turn out like I want or expect them too, I always know deep down that I will be fine.
For a while I have felt stuck in the same place, and not a place I want to be.  Which reminds me of the Dr. Seuss book, Oh, the Places You'll Go! You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.Some windows are lighted.  But mostly they're darked.A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!Do you dare to stay out?  Do you dare to go in?....You can get so confusedthat you'll start in to racedown long wiggled roads at a break-necking paceand grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.The Waiting Place... There is definitely part of me that is stuck in a waiting place.  I try not to dwell in this "waiting place", because there are too many wonderful things I would miss.  But sometimes it's not easy.  Thankfully, God has always been there during these times to carry me through and remind me He is the one in control.  
A couple of days after the church service, I was reminded again of God's faithfulness.  Isaiah 40:28-31:
Do you not know?Have you not heard?The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the wearyand increases the power of the weak.Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall;but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.  And one last thing to be thankful for:  Christmas Season!  The only part of winter I really enjoy :)

You May Also Like

0 comments