What's Next...TBD

by - Saturday, July 23, 2011

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while, and I now have some extra free time on my hands, so here it goes... 
The wonderful family I spent the last year nannying for is moving to Seattle.  Yesterday was my last day of work, and I have not found a job yet.  Things aren't going anything like I planned, but they never do.  About this time last year I started looking for a new job.  My intention was to leave Rochester, and I thought finding a nanny job would be a great way to pick a new location for no reason other than I wanted something different.  Then I was contacted by a family in Rochester, and everything changed.  To say that the past year of my life has been nothing like I planned is an understatement, but it has been better- in a lot of ways. Rochester isn't my favorite place, but it is close to my family, and Ahmed is here.  And it's where God wants me to be...for now.
I have no idea what's next or how long it will be until I find a job, but I have complete faith that God is in control and has a plan. I've had a few freak-out moments, but I keep reminding myself God has showed me (numerous times) that worrying is unnecessary.  Things always work out."Sometimes He's the God who delivers us from. Sometimes He's the God who walks us through.  Either way, He's good. Sometimes He rescues. Sometimes He teaches us different lessons. Either way, He's good. You're going to learn something different about God if he rescues you or if He walks with you. You're going to learn something different about yourself if He rescues you or walks with you. God knows what you need. Our job is to trust Him."  -John Stumbo
"Our job is to trust Him."  Easier said than done, but it's what I'm trying to do.  I know that no matter what happens I will be okay, because God is faithful.

You May Also Like

0 comments